Assalamualaikum WBT dan Salam Sejahtera
Untuk mengetahui maklumat terperinci tentang subjek ELE290 ini anda boleh muat turunnya di sini Course Information.
Hari ini saya ingin berkongsi sedikit tentang COURSE INFORMATION of ELE290. Di bawah ini hanya sebahagian sahaja.
Upon completion of this course, a student will be expected to be able to:
a. Distinguish between DC analysis and AC analysis.
b. Has adequate knowledge on the principle operation of electrical concept and electrical system
c. Have adequate technical knowledge on three phase system, power utilization and their applications.
d. Able to relate the theoretical knowledge with the experimental set up.
This course deals with the fundamentals of electrical engineering, working principles of the electrical motor and its performance. It covers AC circuits, DC machines, three phase systems, transformers, induction motors and electrical utilization. It also covers fundamentals in power electronic such as power diodes, power transistor amplifiers and switching circuits.
· Circuit Analysis Series and parallel Concept, Kirchhoff’s current Law and Kirchhoff’s voltage Law, Current Divider Rule, Voltage Divider Rule
· AC Circuit + Diode (Basic) (4 hours): AC theory: Current, voltage, frequency, impedances, instantaneous, r.m.s, average and maximum values. Phase and phase difference, Real power (W), reactive power (VAR), apparent power (VA), power triangle and power factor, Power factor correction, Diode Rectifier: Types and functions of diode, simple diode circuits. (Basic Diode application)
· Three-phase System (6 hours): Fundamental concepts of three-phase circuits, Voltage and current in three phase circuit: star and delta connections, Power relationships, calculation and measurement of power, balanced three-phase system.
· Transformers (8 hours): Principle of operation and construction of a single phase transformers (core and shell type), EMF equation, power losses, phasor diagram, efficiency and voltage regulation, Transformer testing: Open circuit and short circuit test.
· Three phase Induction Motors (6 hours):Construction of squirrel cage and slip ring induction motors, Operation and characteristics of the induction motor, torque, rotor slip, and speed in induction motor, Methods of starting for induction motors and speed control, Power flow diagram, losses and efficiency.
· DC machines (8 hours): Construction of DC machines, Theory of operation of DC machines, General E.M.F equation of DC Generator and DC motor, Torque speed equations and load characteristic for shunt, series and compound DC motors, Power losses in DC machine and its efficiency.
· Electrical Utilization (5 hours): Type of cables: PVC and XLPE, over current protection: Short circuit and overload protection devices, circuit breaker and fuses, Earthing system: TT system, TNC-S system and TN-S system, residual current device (RCD), Electrical circuit: Radial and ring circuits.